Thursday, November 15, 2007

Darch Mania

Every once in a while you meet someone on the trail that defines passion. Darch is a crazy Canuck that came to Moab a couple of years ago, and is now making the journey south a couple times a year. Darch has the enthusiasm of a teenager, and is always looking for a ride, no matter where the trail. I had a chance to ride with him on my first day in Moab. I hope that when I'm Darch's age that I'm just as enthusiastic, and ready to ride, eh...



What I really like about Darch is that he does what he wants. He rides with his full-face helmet on his handlebars, and on his head. When the trail gets "Gnarly, eh" the brain bucket goes on. When the trail goes "easy climb, eh" the helmet hits the handlebars.



When we were riding with that Darch that first day, the funniest thing he said was, "I'm glad your President has turned the Dollar into a third world currency, it makes it a lot cheaper for me to come to Moab." The next day I'm went to San Diego, and there's a report in USA Today that Merchants in Cuba are asking Americans if they can buy goods with either the Canadian Dollar, or the Euro. I guess Darch knows what he was talking about.





After the Moab leg of the trip, we headed to Fruita, and low-and-behold, DARCH! "These are some really nice trails, eh."



Ride on Darch! I hope I can ride with you again in the spring, or next fall.

No comments: